If you are searching for the unmistakable sound of a Gibson Les Paul at a fraction of the cost, you might be searching for an electric guitar that is the next closest thing. In the review of the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar, we will compare the features and see how they stack up against the real thing.
Features of the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar include a mahogany body with a maple veneer over carved top, a set mahogany slim-profile neck and rosewood fretboard, so appearances are similar. The LockTone Tune-O-Matic Bridge and stopbar tailpiece, along with 24 ¾" scale and Alnico Classic humbuckers and chrome hardware are other features included on the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar.
The Epiphone Les Paul Standard electric guitar is currently on sale on Musician's Friend for 42% off through this link right here.
- Aesthetically, the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar is a beautiful guitar, with good looks, a great choice of finishes and it looks more expensive than it is.
- The affordable price of this electric guitar can make it a great choice for beginners or those that need a second guitar that is a step above beginning guitars, but it is perfect for those not quite ready for the higher end models.
- It offers good tone and a warm sound that can make starter amps sound better and you can get a good tonal range that makes it great for all types of musical genres, from Blues to Metal.
- Available in an ebony version or a cherry sunburst, and more, there is a choice of beautiful finishes, which offer nice, shiny and reflective surfaces that look like quality craftsmanship.
- If you are yearning for a Gibson Les Paul, the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar is about the closest thing to it in looks and tonal quality, yet the price is much cheaper. There isn't really much difference between the lower end Gibson guitars and the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar and some people actually preferred the feel of the Epiphone.
- Pickups might seem sub-par to some, especially those that have played higher end electric guitars.
- The factory provided strings aren't very high quality and you will want to plan on replacing them for the best sounds and to get better tonal quality.
- Some users have reported difficulty with the action in the higher frets, but this isn't a common user complaint.
If you want to buy this electric guitar, I highly recommend you buy them through Musician's Friend here. You won’t find them cheaper anywhere else.
Overall, the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar has the looks and tonal qualities of a Les Paul, without the price tag. It offers the classic look you expect of a Gibson Les Paul and this isn't a knock-off of the original-it is actually a Les Paul that has the beautiful aesthetics and warm tonal qualities, along with the fast action that electric guitar players are looking for, especially those that are searching for a Les Paul. With the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar, you get all the benefits of the original Les Paul, but at a price that is so affordable, you can fool other guitar aficionados, that might not be familiar with the great features of the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar.